No one wants to get hurt, and most people will do everything possible to avoid a car accident. Yet serious car accidents happen every day causing injury or death to innocent people. Victims of motor vehicle accidents may suffer serious physical trauma resulting in whiplash, brain injuries and spinal cord injuries.
If you have been involved in a car accident and suffered a serious injury due to the negligent act of others you are eligible for compensation under Canadian law. These funds are instrumental in covering the high costs of medical attention, ongoing care, rehabilitation and lost wages. Laws can be complicated and insurance companies are often unwilling to honour claims. The Experienced Furlong Ford car accident lawyers will help you to navigate the legalities and aggressively protect your right to the compensation you are entitled to.
There are endless reasons why an accident might occur including:
- Weather conditions causing slippery roadways or poor visibility
- Wild animals darting into the roadway
- Drunk drivers
- Careless driving
- Failure to comply with road signs
- Construction issues
- Faulty traffic lights
- Road rage
- Distracted Driving IE: cell phone usage
The actual cause of a car accident may not be immediately obvious but is often complicated by a series of issues and events.
A person injured in a car accident caused by the fault of some one else is entitled to compensation for pain and losses incurred as a result. If you or someone you know has been involved in a car accident, please call the Furlong Ford car accident lawyers to review and understand your options options.
What to do immediately following an accident:
- Call 911 in the case of a serious accident
- Take care of anyone who has been injured
- Stay out of the way of traffic and do not risk further injury
- Take a picture of the accident scene. These are valuable in sorting out the details of the accident later on.
- Always go for a medical checkup even if you think you have been unhurt. The body’s natural “fight or flight” response can mask serious injuries that may not be immediately apparent.
- Exchange personal contact and insurance information if applicable with other drivers, witnesses or persons involved.
- Keep a written record of what you know about the accident including date, time, location, and any other important details. Clearly documented information speeds up the investigation process and helps settle your claim more quickly.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
Time Limits Pertain
Many people fail to seek legal advice after being denied by their insurance company and miss the legal dead line for reporting. It is important to be made aware of your options. As soon as possible, get in touch with a trained and experienced car accident lawyer. Furlong Ford car accident lawyers represent clients with the highest degree of specialized knowledge and expertise in order to protect your interests and win the outcome best for you.
The Furlong Ford personal injury lawyers service clients throughout the areas of Oshawa, Whitby, Pickering and the greater Durham Region.