At best, divorce is difficult. To make it worse, courtroom battles can linger and escalate leaving both parties bitter, exhausted and without a desirable resolution. When opposing points of view collide and respectful communications fall apart it is impossible to reach a mutually acceptable settlement and the process can become a basic sharing of assets.
In contrast to traditional divorce proceedings, Furlong Ford Law Firm collaborative family law lawyers work with couples and families using a team approach. The family is skillfully supported through the process of communication in order to problem solve and reach positive resolutions to difficult issues. Our specially trained collaborative divorce lawyers work closely with our clients to find shared solutions that work for them.
Benefits of Collaborative Divorce
- 90% of cases are able to find a workable settlement using collaborative divorce process
- Possible future issues are addressed
- Provides a strong base for ongoing positive communication
- Clients have greater control over the outcome
- Less stress for the family
- Maintains positive family relationships
- Cost effective
- Clients have input on their most significant issues
- Other professionals such as financial planners, child care professionals, accountants, mediators are available to support the team
Collaborative divorce requires a commitment to the collaborative process with the best interests of the family at the forefront. It is not for everyone. If you think collaborative divorce is right for you, the skilled and supportive Furlong Ford Collaborative Divorce Lawyers can help.
The Furlong Ford collaborative divorce lawyers provide legal services throughout the areas of Oshawa, Whitby, Pickering and the greater Durham Region.
Furlong Ford Collaborative Family Lawyers: