Family businesses are distinctive in several ways. Business owners devote a significant amount of time and money in order to develop their companies. Owners take pride in operating their small business and the ability to pass it on to the next generation.
Family relationships are highly valued
Strategic planning is often informal and many issues are dealt with as they arise. Furlong Ford Family Business Lawyers understand the unique challenges of a family business and have extensive experience on a full range of family business issues.
Furlong Ford Family lawyers represent and collaborate with a team of professional advisors to help family businesses to establish solid procedures in the areas of:
- Selling of a family business
- Family systems analysis and development.
- Policies for conflict resolution
- Tax planning and accounting
- Management strategies
- Communication procedures
- Transference of assets or control
- Asset protection
- Estate planning
- Succession planning and tax issues
- Plans to minimize the impact on the business and family in the case of death, divorce or family crisis
- Planned disposition to shareholders
- Business continuation strategies
Future planning is ideal however is not always possible should a crisis situation arise. In either case the experienced Furlong Ford team of family business lawyers and staff can offer sound advice and effective strategies to help protect your business and your family relationships.
The Furlong Ford business lawyers service clients throughout the areas of Oshawa, Whitby, Pickering and the greater Durham Region.